Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to get a C#.NET program to use data in my MySQL database?

I currently have a website with user info and data stored on a MySQL database. I would like to (begin to) create a desktop version of my website, and would like to pull the user's information (such as username and password) from the online database to my local app. Does anyone know of a website that has tutorials to help me accomplish this?

How to get a C#.NET program to use data in my MySQL database?
I haven't used this component, but the recommended way to access databases is to use a Database Provider for that database. That way, if you want to upgrade databases in the future or even maybe migrate to a different database, you might be able to do that by simply replacing the Database Provider





Here is a MySQL Database Provider for dotNET


http://uda.openlinksw.com/dotnet/mt/dotn...





Theoretically, if you use this code, you can use any standard tutorial describing a connection to a different database (like MS SQL) and the application will work.


No comments:

Post a Comment